|FISCAA is dedicated to
protecting and enhancing
the flood insurance industry's
ability to meet the public's needs.
Established in 1992, Flood Insurance Servicing Companies Association of America, Inc. (FISCAA) is a not for profit, tax exempt corporation, composed of companies engaged in the business of writing flood insurance under the National Flood Insurance Program.
Utilizing resources such as educational Association publications, seminars and other planned Association activities, the Association:
- Advises Congress, the Federal Emergency Management Agency – Mitigation Division and the National Flood Insurance Program of the concerns and needs of insurance companies writing flood insurance.
- Acts as a clearinghouse of information for the general public, news media, and other interested parties.
- Informs the public, the consumer, the Federal Emergency Management Agency – Mitigation Division, the National Flood Insurance Program, and Congress of the beneficial contributions made by the insurance industry. This is achieved via news releases, reports, advertising, speaking engagements, and public relations.
- Keeps member companies abreast of the attitude of the public, the news media, and public officials toward the insurance industry.
The National Flood Insurance Program currently provides coverage to over 4 million policyholders, with nearly $500 billion in flood insurance coverage. More than 92% of these policies are written through Write-Your-Own companies.
The FISCAA member companies
represent more than half of the
flood policies written throughout
the United States, Puerto Rico and
the U.S. Virgin Islands.
FISCAA provides our member companies with:
- Interactive discussions with the Federal Emergency Management Agency - Mitigation Division, and the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Advance notification of NFIP changes
or proposed rules via meetings or
special association mailings.
- An opportunity to provide commentary on NFIP changes, proposed rules, and the future direction of the NFIP as an association representing a majority interest in the flood program.
- Access to many of the Write-Your-Own flood insurance companies in order to promulgate standards and ethical guidelines, issue comparison, question resolution and communication among member companies.
FISCAA meetings are held three times per year with our annual meeting being held during the National Flood Conference
Additional benefits of FISCAA membership include:
- FISCAA Officer List:
- Patty Templeton-Jones, President
Corise Morrison, Treasurer
Delores Villa, Secretary
- Recognition as being a positioning partner with the Federal Emergency Management Agency - Mitigation Division, and the National Flood Insurance Program on flood program issues.
- Interaction with other flood industry organizations, councils, associations and task forces. This includes: the Institute for Business and Home Safety-Flood Committee, WYO Marketing Committee, Community Rating Task Force, Technical Mapping Advisory Council, National Lenders Insurance Council, Flood Insurance Producers National Committee, Association of State Flood Plain Managers, and the National Flood Determination Association.